Who's taking their Omega3 fish oil? Everyone's hand should be raised. If you're not downing your fish oil daily, here's how to find out how much fish oil you need:
Find your body weight: 200 poundsDivide that number by 10: 20The second number needs to be divided by 2: 10And the third number is how many grams of fish oil you need per day. (In this example, Racer X needs 10g of EPA/DHA Omega3 fish oil.
IMPORTANT: This means he needs to add the EPA and DHA on the bottle. The pill may be for 1,000 mg, but the EPA/DHA added up equals only 300. So use that number (300 or whatever your bottle says) to find out how many capsules he needs to take throughout the day.
FYI: I'm taking 30 capsules each day (10 before each meal) to get the fish oil my body needs.
Also...
We've been playing around with Paleo for more than a week now. Feeling hungry, missing bread, loving new veggies? Post some thoughts about how you're dealing with the 36 Day Paleo Challenge. ... and post food to comments.
I've been pretty good with keeping up with Paleo so far, with a few exceptions (bad me).
ReplyDeleteI miss eating a bowl of cereal or even oatmeal in the morning the most. I guess it's because I've done that for 29 years! I also miss milk and well, all dairy products.
My "sweet tooth" cravings are surprisingly not as bad as I thought they'd be. Fruit is good. Veggies, eh... I'm trying to eat more!
I do feel hungry pretty much all the time though, except when I work out.
Question: Does fish oil aid in helping your body feel fuller?
i'm not hungry as often and i think that is partly due to subbing veggies for fruit. when i am hungry, i am not ravenous. sugar. i miss sugar. not in the raw. muffins, bread, etc. cinnamon has been helpful in dealing with my cravings. right now, i am eating a pear with cinnamon on it.
ReplyDeleteAndrea-
ReplyDeleteFor the last year and a half, I've missed Frosted Mini Wheats... I ate those things for about 2 years straight (thinking they were pretty healthy...)! It got to a point where Amy would buy them in bulk off the web...
Anyway, fish oil does make you feel fuller longer because it takes longer for your body to digest.
Here's a link to a list of the many benefits to taking your fish oil:
http://fishoilbenefits.wordpress.com/
The source is not empirical, but who cares... I'm done with college in 6 weeks.
Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): Primal pancakes, pear with cinnamon, & coffee (cream & sweetener)
ReplyDeleteThe pancakes were...ok. I'm not sure what to adjust, but I will be tweaking them. I also walked past a giant plate of donuts today....and later face planted into one...
Lunch: spaghetti squash and meatballs
Love this recipe!
Snack: donut
Dinner: Green dog cafe -
not really paleo, but organic.
B - scrambled eggs, peppers, turkey bacon, almonds
ReplyDeleteL - shredded sirloin steak with roasted veggies
S - blackberries and raspberries
D - protein shake, carrots (was on the go)
S - fruit/veggie juice (thanks to our Jack Lalanne power juicer!)
B: smoothie and coffee
ReplyDeleteL: work catered..."steak" and chicken breast and some fruit cocktail (probably sugar added but it was the best choice)
D: leftover Chipotle with added chicken breast and 1/2 avocado
I am absolutely loving Paleo. Having done Zone (with bread, cheese, and milk) for 6 months, this seems like some sort of treat to eat whatever I want, when I want but keeping in the paleo guidelines.
ReplyDeleteI have found that if there are grapes in the house, they will be eaten... and in high amounts. The same with dark chocolate. But it's really beating the alternative.
No real cravings for breads or sweets, but I am looking forward to diving into a bucket of dark chocolate covered espresso beans.
Besides that, I'm lovin' it. Haven't cheated non-Paleo yet and intend to keep it that way.