
As with any lifestyle change, if it isn't fun for you don't enjoy what you are doing, or in this case eating. There are great recipes on the Internet to keep you happy and sugar free.
If you are the type of person who enjoys baked goods, check out the Live Primal cookbook for "pancakes" and even paleo apple and pumpkin pie. If you find a good recipe (or even a bad one) let us know so we can enjoy!
Check out this great blog, Feel Good Eating, for some recipes and tips on paleo cooking and eating.
I wanted a super yummy breakfast this morning, so I made blueberry pecan pancakes. They were very yummy!
ReplyDeleteB - 2 "pancakes" slight drizzle of raw honey, 1/2 of a banana sliced, 1 egg, 1 sausage patty
L - Pumpkin Lasagna
S: 2 slices turkey, apple
ReplyDeleteB: 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 egg, banana
L: 8oz tuna, dried apples, 10 carrots
D: Sirloin on top of salad, no dressing, with peppers, onions, and tomato (Longhorn) and 4 pieces of asparagus.
B - 20oz. black coffee, 2 fried eggs, 3 slices bacon
ReplyDeleteS - PB Cookie Larabar
L - 1/2 chicken breast, 1 granny smith apple, 2c. brussel sprouts
S - 12oz. black coffee
D - 1 pork chop, 30 pecan halves
Does any find that they are eating normal portions of food, but are less hungry? I don't even want to eat dinner, not a little bit hungry. Just wondering if that is me or if anyone else is experiencing this.
ReplyDeleteB: 5 bacon, no sugar, low salt 2 eggs, green apple, nuts, coffee
ReplyDeleteL: paleo burger, grilled chicken salad from carl's jr.
D: Tomato and meat sauce over kale, so tasty!
+ red wine for me (I think this is paleo, right).
ReplyDeleteAmy - not me, I'm ravenous all the time. But I'm trying to keep calories & carbs low, so that could be my issue.
B- 2 pieces bacon, 2 eggs, pumpkin muffin
ReplyDeleteS- glass OJ
L- sausage w/ steamed broccoli & cauliflower
D- grilled chicken, 1/2 glass red wine
Yeah, Kate. That's definitely an issue. For two or thee days, try throwing a hearty vegetable into every meal. Keep the fruits low because they create much more of an insulin response in the body, making you hungry sooner. And don't worry too much about caloric intake. Weight loss and gain are driven primarily by hormones.
ReplyDeleteAmy- I'm feelin less hungry and don't need as many snacks lately. It's probably because I'm eating hearty low-glycemic veggies with my meals.