Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 8 - Dressing Up Your Salad

Salads are tasty, but most of us are used to a nice creamy ranch or a light sun-dried tomato vinaigrette.  Though we can't be knocking back bottles of HFCS-filled dressing, there are other choices available.  It may take a few ingredients and some time over the weekend, but the effort will yield more than a month's worth of paleo dressing.

Here are some links to help you turn your bowl of leaves and veggies into a super-tasty dish.  (Use the honey sparingly.)


Post thoughts and food to comments.

5 comments:

  1. Tried fasting, never been good at this:). I just love to eat I guess.

    B - 20oz. black coffee, 3 fried eggs, 3 slices bacon, 1/2 green pepper (raw)
    L - 1 banana, 1 Larabar
    S - 30 pecan halves
    D - 8oz. tilapia, 3 glasses of wine

    Friends coming in to town shortly for the VT vs. UNC game. Wish me luck on not cheating tomorrow!! Will power will be tested, big time:). I plan to bring hb eggs, and eat only meat, but it's always tough when I've been drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B: coffee, lots and lots of coffee
    L: chipotle, double chicken, lots salsa, guac and lettuce
    D: pork tenderloin, roasted beets, sauteed beet greens...very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B- 2 eggs 1 egg white, 1/2 apple
    L- salad with chicken and olive oil and veggies
    snack-larabar(yummy)
    dinner- spinach salad, filet (small), cooked sweet potatoes and yellow peppers, onion/ tomato salsa homemade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fasted for 16 hours.

    3pm: 2 honey glazed pecan pork chops, 1/2 an acorn squash, almonds/pecans

    8pm: 2 honey glazed pecan pork chops, 1/2 a spaghetti squash, almonds/pecans

    11pm: bowl of paleo chili, 1 apple, almond butter

    Stuffed to the rafters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): 3 bacon and egg muffins, 1 pear, & some grapes

    Lunch (12:15 p.m.): Spaghetti squash with meatballs and marinara
    I made the meatballs and marinara myself. And they were amazing! I am so excited for dinner tonight! I just need to make more marinara and it will be perfect!

    Snack (3:30 p.m.): side salad with hard-boiled egg and cucumber dill dressing

    Dinner: Spaghetti squash with meatballs and marinara

    ReplyDelete