Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 2 - Eating Out


We can't always have prepared meals on hand.  Sometimes life throws us a curve ball and we must adjust our swing.

Eating out with friends at a restaurant isn't the end of your Paleo challenge.  There are great options available almost wherever you go (except for Cold Stone).  Last night, Amy T. and Edie T. treated themselves to dinner at Cheddar's.

Both enjoyed an 8 oz. steak with 2 sides of broccoli (shown above) and a salad without dressing.  This is very Paleo-friendly and from what I hear, very "yum."

Shoot me pictures of your Paleo meals and I'll throw'em up on the blog.

Post food and thoughts to comments.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok day two... on way to SF. This post helps out a lot, considering the airport food and dining out this weekend. I'll be drinking tequila on the rocks.... should make for an interesting weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, megs! have fun and we will see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick tip: I just tried eating a butternut squash from the microwave. (First time) Took about 10 minutes.

    I used the directions here:

    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,159183-239207,00.html

    Omit the brown sugar and butter. And eat the skin.

    Very tasty and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ignore the link above. Follow these directions:

    Cut squash in half.
    Gut the seeds and membrane.
    Put a little bit of water in the bottom of a tupperware.
    Place squash face down, cook for 8 minutes with lid on.
    Turn squash over, cook for another 2 minutes.
    Let cool.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 0730:
    5 pieces bacon, 2 eggs
    1 portabella mushroom cap, 1 red pepper
    nuts

    1430:
    1/2 a butternut squash
    1 pork chop
    1.5 carrot
    almonds/walnuts

    1930:
    1/2 spaghetti squash w/ EVOO
    2 pieces of chicken
    almonds/walnuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a random eating day. Breakfast made by the hubby was sauteed red pepper, eggs, bacon, almonds. Lunch/Dinner, it was a busy day at work so I ate a snack 1 apple and 1/4 pork chop and some nuts, then for lunch I ate a bag of steamed green beans and the rest of the pork chop and some nuts.

    And! 1/2 of a Mac Attack Paleo Treat! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Rich Vos above was actually Amy T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breakfast: 2 bacon & egg muffins (each contains 1 egg & ~1 slice sugar free bacon), 1 green apple, sunflower seeds, and coffee with 1/2 cream & Splenda.

    Lunch: Grilled chicken on a mixed salad (spinach, carrots, sunflower seeds, & cucumber) with paleo paprika and basil dressing. Not a fan of the dressing. Too much olive oil. I will need to find other dressings that i enjoy more.

    And I broke down and drank a diet Mt. Dew. I couldn't help it. I needed it! Don't judge me. Haha!

    Snack: Cucumbers, carrots, celery, & sunflower seeds

    A couple hours later, while struggling to come up with a dinner option, I had another snack.
    Snack: applesauce w/ cinnamon.

    Dinner: Honey and spice glazed chicken with spinach salad (spinach, almonds, raisins, & balsamic vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breakfast: smoothie (same as yesterday)

    Lunch: Chipotles: chicken, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, peppers and onions.

    dinner: Pork chops and kale

    too much coffee throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. B - 2 eggs (fried in bacon drippings), 2 slice of applewood bacon, 20oz. black coffee
    L - 1/2 chicken breast, 1c. butternut squash soup, 30 pecan halves
    S - Cherry pie larabar, 1 apple (PWO)
    D - 8oz. salmon, 1c. roasted brussel sprouts, evoo

    *Notes: Seriously craving some diet coke. Went to bed hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breakfast: 2 eggs w/ onion, tomato, zucchini; 3 pieces of bacon & almonds. 1glass OJ

    snack: banana bread raw bar. really good! I was shopping and needed a quick pick me up so I stopped in at Whole Foods

    Lunch: 1 can tuna, 1 boiled egg, celery, 1 glass OJ

    Dinner: Barbecued shrimp w/ peppers & onion
    1 pumpkin muffin- I made a batch of these last night. They turned out OK. I recommend freezing them before you take them out of the pan since they don't stay together well

    ReplyDelete
  13. B: 2 slices turkey breast, apple, almonds
    L: 2 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup peppers, 1/2 cup broccoli, artichoke sauteed in olive and flaxseed oil mix
    S: Banana ice cream (mashed bananas and drop of vanilla frozen)
    D: 6 grilled chicken tenderloins and 2oz pico de gallo

    ReplyDelete