Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 11 - Performance Gains?

Pictured: Babs cooked up some spaghetti squash, Paleo meatballs, and marinara for dinner.

How is everyone feeling in the gym? Are you seeing gains in strength, speed, or endurance? Any odd PR's? Feel free to share!

Post food and thoughts to comments.

2 comments:

  1. Today, I tried my hand at max pushups without stopping. That means not pausing in between each rep and not going to the knees. I've been stuck at around 42 (my previous PR) for a few months. Today, I knocked out 52, a gain of 25%.

    After that, I did 3x3 back squats and added 10 pounds to my previous PR. I usually add somewhere between 2 - 5 pounds per week. Adding 10 is huge.

    I'm not sure if it's the Paleo, high dosage fish oil, or the fact that I'm coming off a rest cycle, but I'm doing something right.

    Hope everyone else is seeing similar benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate alot today (as usual), but I kept everything within the paleo guidelines...

    B - 20z. black coffee, 1 gala apple
    L - banana nut paleo cookies, 3 hot wings
    S - 1c. butternut squash, more banana nut cookies
    D - 8oz. salmon, 1 deviled egg, 1/3 roasted eggplant
    S - mixed nuts, wine, deviled eggs @ party'

    Mmm... I love deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete