Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 7 - Savin' Dough Not Eatin' Dough


Babs shot me an awesome pic of her Paleo Taco. Looks delicious. Feel free to shoot me your Paleo pics if you're dining on something tasty. And many thanks to Amy T (V) for updating the blog while I was away.

Someone texted me last Friday about how to survive eating Paleo without selling a much-needed kidney. (I think it was Lindsey S. Whoever it was, text me again because I lost it over the weekend.)

Mark's Daily Apple has 99 ways to save cash on food.

Some favorites:
Buy frozen veggies (be careful, some have sugar thrown in there)
Buy from ethnic food stores (asian food marts have great deals)
If you must dine out and you have kids, use this iPhone app: KidsEatFree
Abuse buffets (my recommendation is to eat a ton at 5pm then fast till lunch the next day)

5 comments:

  1. Have been a bad girl and haven't updated this site. Partly b/c I've been a GLUTTON! :) All paleo food (but could have made better choices).

    Back on track today:
    B - coffee, larabar
    L - chicken fiesta salad (w/veggies, guac, picante)

    Not sure on dinner tonight, but probably tilapia & eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So travelling and spending most of your day in the airport does lead me to good choices.

    B: larabar, almonds, coffee
    L: turkey sandwich (1/2 bread), salad, sunchips
    D: hamburger, some fries, a beer...ah the Philly airport bar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. B- 2 slices bacon, 2eggs w/ tomatoes, spinach & onions.

    S-pumpkin muffin. These are my weakness! I cannot make them again.

    L- Sauteed shrimp w/ EVOO, peppers, onions, zucchini & squash. 1/3 cup blueberries. almonds

    S- 2 boiled eggs, apple, walnuts

    D- 4oz grilled chicken breast, steamed corn.
    dessert: dried cranberries, raw unsweetened coconut, flax seed, tsp of OJ to make it stick together. This was pretty interesting, I was tying to mimic the ingredients of the rawbar I ate the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot how much, but I ate pretty well until the evening when I devoured about 3 pounds of purple grapes. My belly is so full!

    Note to Amy: Do not bring home grapes for the next 29 days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): 2 sf bacon and egg muffins & 1 pear

    Snack (11:00 a.m.): cup of english breakfast w/ honey

    Lunch (1:00 p.m.): paleo taco salad

    Snack (2:45 a.m.): 1 hard-boiled egg & carrots

    Dinner (9:00 p.m.): Paleo-ish chicken piccata with spag squash

    ReplyDelete