Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10th - Back On Track!

After some time away from blogging, the site is back on track. And you should be too.

There have been some mumblings about some challengers falling off the wagon or giving up on the journey entirely. While it's common to stick to such a new and stringent lifestyle, that doesn't mean Paleo is not for you. Perhaps some tweaks here and there to keep you sane.

For example, Heather refuses to give up cream and sugar in her coffee every morning. But for the rest of her eating (and drinking), she's pretty darn clean! She's even put down the soft drinks she loved so much.

Think about ways to continue with the challenge while still maintaining sanity and comfort. Any ideas about how to negotiate the two are welcome.

Post food and thoughts to comments.

4 comments:

  1. I've been seriously craving something sweet for a few days now (and the 100% chocolate won't do the trick). So I caved and bought some sunbutter last night. However, for myself, I have to be very careful with small cheats b/c they quickly turn into a freefall:). I say well, I already ruined the day... time to BINGE!!:)

    It's easier for me to just give everything up than it is to add in a few small things. I hope to continue with this past the 36 days (once the Thanskgiving festivities are over, of course), and just have 1 cheat a week (not a gorge, but just small cheat, like a piece of chocolate). We'll see, though. It usually doesn't work out quite as I plan:). Pizza or beer usually gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gradually fall off the paleo challenge at some point during the course of the weekend.. and then I get right back into it come Monday. So, I have not given up on it and do plan to complete the journey. I just need to be better on the weekends - like one slip should not lead to several! haha

    I have trimmed down a little and have noticed a greater amount of energy and strength during the WOD's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my food from 11.10.09Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): 2 bacon & egg muffins, grapes, coffee

    Lunch (12:30 p.m.): chicken soup...yum!

    Snack (3:00 p.m.): beef stew

    Dinner: 3 eggs, 4 pcs of bacon, & grapes

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good you're actually hopping back into it on Mondays Andrea. That would be a bummer if you called it a loss after a pizza binge. And that's great news about trimming down and gaining strength!

    I've had the same problem, Kate. My biggest goat seems to be with the 80% dark chocolate Amy has stashed in the fridge. I'll have a small piece for a snack ... then go back to it every 5 minutes until all that's left is the crinkled foil and cardboard. Grapes also get me. I try really hard to keep the fruit to a once-a-day treat, but it's not uncommon for me to eat 2-3 pounds of grapes in a sitting. Good news is that's it in the way of cheats and I'm always back in the groove the next meal.

    Keep at it folks.

    ReplyDelete