I'm sure you've gotten some questions about why you eat the way you do. It's quite weird to hear that so many people are shocked when they see a plate of meat, vegetables and nuts.
What are some odd questions you've received throughout the last two weeks? Any odd comments?
Post food and thoughts to comments.
I was wondering who's brussel sprouts were on yesterdays post. How did you make them??
ReplyDeletePre-heat the oven to 450 degrees (F), coat the brussel sprouts (I used frozen, straight out of the bag) w/olive oil & salt & pepper. Don't drown them (about 2-3tbs. olive oil). Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they get brown on one side. Shaking the pan periodically throughout the cooking time helps to coat all sides. Hope you like them! I eat them at least twice a week:).
ReplyDeleteI've make kale chips a few times that I really like.
ReplyDeleteHeat oven to 425 F
Wash the kale and chop into bite sized pieces.
Drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake for about 30 minutes until the leaves are crispy. The kale will be crunchy like chips.
0830: 5 strips bacon, 3 eggs, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 apple, almond butter, 1/2 onion, 1 shitake mushroom cap, handful of pecans, 3 glasses of water, 10 fish oil.
ReplyDelete1430: salmon, kale, broccoli, almonds, 1/2 apple, 10 fish oil, water
1830: salmon, broccoli, almonds, water, Mac Attack
Now to fast for 20 hours
Melissa, that sounds delicious! A great way to combat the cravings for a salty snacky type of food. I'm going to try these! :)
ReplyDelete