Pictured: Kate in Virginia prepared a delicious-looking chicken, apple, Brussels sprout dinner. (Perfect zone portion for the win!)Be proud of your accomplishments and share your most successful adherence to self-discipline and good nutrition!
Post food and thoughts to comments.
The other day at school, my professor bought the entire class pizza and the rest brought in soda. He insisted that I have a slice. With the class's attention on me, I firmly said "thank you, but I don't eat pizza". You can imagine the response. He then said I should at least have a drink. I replied "I don't drink soda either." People looked at me funny, but I'm happy with the decision. Not a huge hurdle, but one I'm proud of.
ReplyDeletelast friday i walked by a table full of donuts...and didn't stop. i ate a banana w/ almond butter instead.
ReplyDeleteWow, tough one Rich... I hate peer pressure:).
ReplyDeleteFor me, my victory is passing up the two remaining Reese's cups in my house from the halloween candy bowl. I have to stare at it every day (I just wish the hubby would EAT THEM ALREADY!). That and I didn't eat the two little mints that Olive Garden gives you with the check. I LOVE these mints, so it was a toughie:).
Well, seeing as though I'm already the weird one in the class for crazy political views, the gaze and pressure from college kids rarely phases me.
ReplyDeleteNice, Kate! Luckily the wife didn't keep any of the York Peppermint Patties in the house... otherwise there would be a trash filled with silver wrappers and a comatose hubby on the floor.
Well I haven't eaten any of the kid's halloween candy, but I have not been as good many other times.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I am eating Paleo 85-90% of the time. I am hoping that is better than nothing.
Breakfast (8:00 a.m.): 2 bacon & egg muffins, 1 primal pancake, & coffee (still using cream and sweetener)
ReplyDeleteLunch (12:30 p.m.): chicken soup
Snack (3:30): banana with almond butter & 2 hard-boiled eggs.
Dinner: 2 sausages and part of a sweet potato and some grapes
Yum! Yum!